1. This website (Site) is provided to you by Gilded Cage Pty Ltd (ACN 601 057 916) of 497 Princes Highway Fairy Meadow NSW 2519 Australia (Gilded Cage, we or us, and our has a corresponding meaning).1
2. Gilded Cage is committed to supporting the Australian Privacy Principles and complying with the Privacy Act 1998 (Cth), which sets out the standards and guidelines for the collection, access, storage and use of Personal Information (Personal Information).
3. When you access or use this Site or otherwise make contact with us, some of your Personal Information may be collected by us in various ways, as follows:
We will only collect your Personal Information through the processes described above. Also, we will only collect Personal Information that is reasonably necessary for the purposes described in paragraphs 5, 7, 8, 9, 12 and 13 below.
4. When you access this Site, the following information (Connection Information) will automatically be transmitted to Gilded Cage:
5. The Connection Information will be used for the following purposes:
Once the Connection Information is used for the purposes described in this paragraph, it will subsequently be deleted.
6. If you wish us to cease using Connection Information for the purposes described in paragraph 5 above, please notify us accordingly by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will cease using the Connection Information and (provided it is reasonably possible to do so) delete it from our system, within 14 days of receiving notification from you in accordance with this paragraph.
Registering to receive Marketing or Promotional Material
7. If you register with us, either through this Site or otherwise, to receive marketing or promotional material from us, you acknowledge and agree that any Personal Information you provide to us for that purpose (RegistrationInformation) may be stored and used by Gilded Cage, and by any party who we appoint to assist us to deliver our marketing or promotional campaigns, for the following purposes:
Third Party Service Providers
10. When you place an Order with us via the Site, the personal information you will provide (Order Information) will include:
11. In addition, when you place an Order with us on the Site, you will be required to provide payment details (Payment Information) through a secure gate with CBA. This secure gate is not owned or controlled by Gilded Cage. We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for, the content, performance, functionality, security, practices or privacy policies of that secure gate. In addition, Gilded Cage will not and cannot censor or edit the content of any Payment Information you provide to that secure gate. If you have any queries or concerns in relation to that secure gate, you should contact CBA.
12. By placing an Order with us, you acknowledge and agree that Order Information may be stored and used by Gilded Cage, and by any party who we appoint to assist us to deliver the Order Products (Carrier), for the following purposes:
14. If prior to us accepting your Order you wish us to cease using Order Information for all of the purposes described in paragraphs 12 or 13 above, please notify us accordingly by emailing to email@example.com. We will cease using the Order Information and (provided it is reasonably possible to do so) delete it from our system within 14 days of receiving notification from you in accordance with this paragraph. Following receipt by us of your notification, we will not proceed to accept or process your Order and we will provide to you a refund of the purchase price paid by you in respect of the cancelled Order or provide to you a store credit for the equivalent amount.
15. If after we have accept your Order you wish us to cease using Order Information for all of the Agreed Purposes as described in paragraphs 12 or 13 above, please notify us accordingly by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org. As the Order at that time has been accepted we are not required to cease using or to delete the Order Information, subject to paragraph 19 below, however we will reasonably consider your request to do so.
16. If you wish to object to the use by CBA of Payment Information, you should contact CBA.
Consents regarding Personal Information
17. By providing your Personal Information to us, you acknowledge that, and consent to the following:
18. We may disclose any Personal Information we deem necessary, in our sole discretion, to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or government request. We may also exchange Personal Information with other companies and organisations for credit fraud protection and risk reduction.
Opting out of Receiving Marketing or Promotional Material
19. If at any time you wish to opt out of receiving any direct marketing or promotional material in accordance with paragraphs 7, 8 or 12(f) above, you may use the unsubscribe feature in the electronic marketing material or you may contact us by emailing to email@example.com. We will cease using Registration Information or Social Media Information or that Order Information for marketing or promotional purposes within 14 days of receiving notification from you in accordance with this paragraph.
Cross Border Disclosure
20. The disclosure of Personal Information to us, and to the third party as described in paragraph 9 above or to the Carrier as described in paragraph 13 above, may constitute a cross border disclosure, that is, a disclosure to an overseas recipient. We will be required to ensure that any storage and use of your Personal Information by any recipient not located in Australia does not breach the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
Storage of Personal Information
23. We may store Personal Information we hold as electronic data in our software or IT systems. We endeavour to protect all personal information that we hold from misuse and loss, and to protect it from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
24. We take all reasonable steps to ensure that all Personal Information we hold is accurate, however it is your responsibility to ensure that the information you provide us is accurate and that you advise us of any changes to your details. If you feel that the Personal Information we have about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you may contact us at any time and ask for its correction.
25. If we determine that Personal Information is no longer needed for any purpose, who will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify that information, unless we are required by law or a court or tribunal to retain the information.
26. Gilded Cage will not store Personal Information longer than necessary, in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
Further Information and Complaints
28. Should you require further information, wish to withdraw your consent, or object to the use of your Personal Information, please contact support at the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
29. You can also obtain further information about privacy from the Australian Government’s website at www.privacy.gov.au
30. If you have a complaint about a breach of privacy, please contact Gilded Cage at email@example.com and we will endeavour to resolve your complaint.
1 References to Gilded Cage, we, us or our includes a reference to any related body corporate of Gilded Cage Pty Ltd as defined in section 50 of the Corporations Act 2001).